Blog Archive

Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Introduction

Sure, I have a name, but I don't use it! It's a name I don't particularly like, given to me by my parents. I was named after one of my parents, and born on a cold, dreary day; my life reflects that day! It rains every year on my birthday, without fail, I wonder at times if I'm cursed!

So I don't use my name, as previously mentioned, names are labels really, a label given to you so society knows how to get your attention, to converse and interact. Saying, "Hey, you" would be a little confusing when talking to a group of people. So we're labeled! For what its worth, I conceive many things as labels. Our sexuality, religion, education level, career and such maintains a system of labels used to identify people quickly, based off of that particular label. I could tell people that I'm a teacher, but I don't of course! Saying that triggers a very predictable string of other questions. What subject do you teach? How old are your students? Do you like teaching? Where do you teach? Do you know this person or that person? All so predictable and tiring, regurgitating the same answers to the same questions over and over. I'm not one for small talk. It disturbs me, complete strangers wanting so much personal information about me, a person they just met! Why? I'm paranoid at times, anti-social at others. So I tell people that I'm employed, but that's also a label, so there's several questions that occur within this response also! What do you do? How do you like what you do? Does it pay well? I always reply by saying how much I enjoy my work and eventually the questions cease! They know little to nothing about me, and I rather it that way!

This serves as an introduction to my story that I'm willing to tell you! I know some information seems androgynous, if not all of it, but I really don't like labeling myself. For this I apologize, however, I believe when what separates us is discarded, its easier to accept and empathize with one another, the main ingredient to respect and love. The characters introduced later on are usually not other humans, but their names will give them away! I wonder at times if this life is real? Actually, what is "real" or what constitutes "reality" has also puzzled me! At times I think this life is one lucid dream and we awake upon death! Many believe that people don't die, we cease to exist physically but our spirit or essence lives on! Well then, were we ever created to begin with? That without end cannot have a beginning, or could it? I have been around for quite some time, my age is irrelevant, and have come up with a few keys to unlocking the absurdities of life and finding comfort in this cruel and freightening world! I feel I owe you that much, if nothing else! I hope you learn something, as this remains the one important and constant aspect of my work, which you should know what that is, at least. Although we all share this occupation to some degree! I can remember exactly how this all happened! Father Time has unraveled a few secrets for me, and more importantly, served as the best medicine from life's most excruciating pain!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment