Blog Archive

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Top 5 Reasons Why You May Hate Your Job

5. The Hours

The Early Morning Shift and The Overnight Shift are especially grueling! Working every holiday and weekend also tends to make many people upset and angry that they don't get that time to catch up with friends and family. Employers always tell their workers how working overnight can lead to more money! And usually it does, instead of making $8.25 an hour you can make $8.50 an hour! Wow! You're rolling in money now! Lastly, working the 40-60 hour week can leave you so drained energy wise that you only have the energy to eat and watch television after a work shift! You start to realize that big $8.50 an hour paycheck isn't really worth all the trouble!

4. The Uniform

Most jobs, especially non-salaried jobs, require workers to wear uniforms. It says, "Hey, I'm working for the logo on my chest and back!" It's usually the same setup, black slacks, black shoes, company shirt and for the lucky few, a snap back visor! The other issue typically, is personal style. Guys can't wear earrings, women can't wear make up, which some of them desperately need, no tattoos, facial hair, neck hair or pubic hair! Well they don't check for pubic hair often but you get the point! It's all about making everyone dress alike, walk alije, speak alike and think alike! No room for individuality because we own you! Or put the usual way, you work for us!

3. The Paycheck

I absolutely hate the fact that nearly every job I have ever held, pays bi-weekly! I don't work bi-weekly, so why pay me that way? I always thought it was weird to work 30/31 days a month only to get paid twice! After paying bills, rent, buying groceries and car notes, I'm surprised people have money to shop or do anything for entertainment! On second thought, the credit card is used a lot for these activities, leaving you yet another monthly bill to pay! Then we have taxes! Income tax, state tax, local tax, neighborhood, this tax and that tax! You ever look at your paycheck and think that something was missing. Making $10 an hour, 40 hours a week should net you a $800 dollar check, no! It may be $660 depending how Uncle Sam plans on robbing you that week!

2. Co-Workers

Some jobs can be bearable if working with the right people, however, most of the time, the co-workers are stupid, ignorant jerks! Co-workers have the ability to make a work shift seem like it lasts a lifetime. Some companies do company outtings, like amusement park trips or bowling parties. I already spend 8 hours a day with these fools, please don't let them into my personal life! There's also "Bring Your Child to Work" day. I'm not a fan of you coming unto work, let alone your toothless children and have no interest in meeting your idiot family. Keep that little hoe at home! I know its bad to call an eight year old a hoe, but old hoes were once young hoes, so I stand by my statement! Just keep your family away from me at work, please!

1. The Boss

The most hated aspect of any job by far! Evil by nature, cold-hearted bastards, most bosses are obnoxious! They do things like tell you about the "No Cell Phone Policy" and then excuse themselves right after to take a five minute call! Most bosses are also incompetent, and not able to do half the work that their employees do! They make more money and do less work. They have more benefits but no manners. They demand respect but give none! My mother always said that you are what you eat, so I guess that's why my boss is a dick!

There you have it folks! Legitimate reasons to hate your job and wish bad things on your boss! Companies conduct themselves in a manner that says, you need us, and we can easily replace you! You are required to put in two weeks but they can fire you in the middle of a shift! Always asking what you can do for them and rarely returning the favor! It's the era of wage slavery! Instead of being owned by a company, we rent ourselves out, akin to prostitution, kissing ass and bending over for a check! I say find something your passionate about and pursue it wholeheartedly! And don't get sucked in by the "Employee Discount." It's just another way of taking back the little they pay to you! Also don't get fooled by the term associate! We are workers who are associated with the company by getting screwed over time and time again! Workers at one company and consumers at the next, that's the story, that's the cycle! Someone once told me the less you want the less you have to work! He was referring to wanting products and material goods! "What we own can end up owning us." Now go and send me five dollars so I can download half of a Lady Gaga album from Itunes!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

3 comments:

  1. Lmaooo bro I would have to say I rather roll with number 2 as the top choice. I pretty much hate all but a few of my coworkers. I just finished cussing out the one jackass that sits right behind me earlier today and I dare his ass to go to administration lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...its a toss up for sure, but at least your co-workers can't fire you! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. We remember to that the uniform in the 4 slot comes with a smile injunction toward the menial worker. "you must smile, becasue its good customer service", they'll say. But I know docs, lawyers, and even a judge personally; there never forced to smile as part of their uniform. But, dont we want our surgeons lawyers and docs to do exceptional customer service (if its our service especially)? They mostly do, and the smile isnt forced on them: give me the most grimmacing surgeon for my heart transplant, so long as he's good at the transplant I'm good. So the forced smile, is the minstrel show of todays lower level employees in America. And its part of their uniform.

    ReplyDelete