Blog Archive

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Lesson 1...Preceeded by The Introduction

I like to think that we are all one! I believe that we are all apart of one universal conciousness, that I like to refer to as The Creator. Just look at the word universe, it literally means, one thing, rolled into one. So in a way, we're all one big family!

We may have our own immediate families but, we all refer to a couple of things as Mother and Father, which is Nature and Time. I deal with both Mother Nature and Father Time on a daily basis and have been brought up with respect for both and taught many life lessons from both as well. Surely one cannot find any living creature in the world that hasn't been created by Mother Nature and Father Time.

Mother has created an atmosphere that can sustain life and Father provides space and time to let each of us grow and mature, akin to our physical parents. You see, everything in life has a gestation period. Whether it be a flower, that is nurtured by the soil as a seed and then sprouts out to a beautiful rose or an action, that stems from information in the brain, formed as a thought and later carried out by an action.

They are my parents and I am nurtured by Mother Nature and disciplined by Father Time. When I was born, they were the first to know of my existence, after The Creator of course, and I later met my biological parents. It's weird that the one thing we use the most is the thing we never know how much of it we have, time. Father taught me the importance of living in the moment and planning for the future. It's the most we can ever do at any given moment, but as we age, we become overwhelmed with the stresses of life; bills, kids, jobs, errands, taxes and the like. Our minds are often cluttered with so much information, it can all become a burden and also a source of stress and fatigue. Father said to me one day, "Let things run its course, just don't let them run you!"

What he meant was, things come and go, night turns into day and good times follow bad. During some trying times in my life, it was hard for me to fully believe that advice! Father also said to understand that sometimes one must experience pain to fully appreciate joy. Mother has showed me that everything given life was also given an opposite. Left and right, up and down, man and woman among other things. She always said to remember what is real and what is portrayed as being real. She really only talks to me when she's upset, she usually tries showing me, through action, what her thoughts are and I suppose there's no better way to experience love other than feeling it, because anyone can say it, but only those who truly care will show it! I think what she meant is how my thoughts can dictate my experience. The key is that everything in life is subjective and relative. A good time to me can seem tedious to another. In addition, what is small, is only small when compared to something of a bigger size and what feels good is often in contrast to the bad feelings we felt before. I use to stay up all night and listen to Father and watch Mother before I left out to find my passion in this world!

They warned me that the path to happiness was long, tiresome and many never find out where that path leads! So I set out to travel this path and was already approached by my first obstacle and a lifelong nemesis, The Fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment